Davidson Park Project
(from https://mysticriver.org/davidson-park. Scroll for links to additional documentation)
The Town of Winchester has secured funds to explore improvements to Davidson Park! Thank you to the Industri-Plex Natural Resource Damages Trustee Council for the opportunity to consider improved open space as well as improved ecological function in Davidson Park.
About the Park
Davidson Park is a public green space that is owned by the Town of Winchester. It is 10 acres and currently has 0.4 miles of public trails. The Aberjona River, a tributary of the Mystic River, flows through the park. The park is part of a network of natural spaces and waterways that provide connectivity for wildlife throughout the Upper Mystic watershed. Additionally, Davidson Park hosts a portion of Tri-Community Greenway, a multi-use path that connects Winchester, Woburn, and Stoneham.
We invite you to bookmark this web page to receive updates on engagement opportunities as we move forward.
On June 27, 2022, the Winchester Select Board voted to endorse an ecological restoration project for the Aberjona River through Davidson Park that mimics the original riverine environment. This vote concludes the work that was completed as part of the Feasibility Study funded through the Industri-Plex Natural Resource Damages (NRD) Trustee Council. The Town of Winchester expects to request additional funding from the NRD trustees to further the project design. View the Feasibility Report here.
PAST ENGAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Eversource Davidson Park and Washington Street Proposed Planting Plan DRAFT 090723
- 2023-01-05 - Davidson Park Restoration Feasibility_FINAL
- 2022-06-27 - SB Meeting Davidson Park
- 2022-06-22 - Public Meeting Davidson Park_Horsley Witten
- 2022-06-22 - Davidson Park Public Meeting_MyRWA Slides
- 2016-04-13 - Previous 30% Concept Deign - Public Meeting - FINAL Presentation
- 2015-10-22 - Previous 30% Concept Design Memo Final
CONTACT THE PROJECT TEAM:
- Catherine Pedemonti, Environmental Resiliency Manager, Mystic River Watershed Association (email@example.com)
- Daria Clark, Engagement Manager, Mystic River Watershed Association (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Neal Price, Associate Principal, Senior Hydrogeologist, Horsley Witten (email@example.com)
- Beth Rudolf, Acting Town Manager, Town of Winchester (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Margaret White, Special Projects Engineer, Town of Winchester (email@example.com)
- Elaine Vreeland, Conservation Administrator, Winchester Conservation Commission (firstname.lastname@example.org)