- Public Works
- Department of Public Works Operations Manager - Michael Wise
- Water & Sewer Operations Manager - Jim Gibbons
- Cemetery Coordinator - James Shattuck
- Facilities Manager - Peter Lawson
- Department of Public Works Business Manager - LeeAnn McGahan
Water and Sewer
Is there LEAD in your tap water? (PDF) - a MWRA brochure
Roads to be paved in 2022-23
- Adams Road
- Andrew Road
- Clearwater Road
- Canterbury Road
- Forest Circle
- Garfield Avenue
- Henry Street
- Harvard Street (water leak)
- Pilgrim Drive
- Thompson Strett
- Town Way
- Robinson-Park Road
- Squire Road (dead end side)
- Wincrest Drive
- Webster Street
More information will be provided when schedules are confirmed.
All fees are subject to change:
- News Rack Permit - $50 per year per publisher, $25 renewal per year
- Street Opening Permit - $106 per permit
River & Pond Clean-Up Assistance
The Town of Winchester Department of Public Works may be available to assist local community groups with river and pond clean-up events. Previously, the Department of Public Works has worked cooperatively with local Boy Scout troops on clean-ups along the Aberjona River and with the Friends of Winter Pond. For more information please contact James M. Gill, Department of Public Works Director.
- Who should I contact in case of a water or sewer emergency?
- Where is my water meter, and how do I read it?
- How does the town read the meter?
- How often am I billed?
- What is a unit of water?
- Why is my consumption so high?
- Can I monitor the consumption of my water meter?
- What if I feel my bill is too high?
- How can the water meter tell me if I have a leak?
- What are your appointment hours for service calls?