Transfer Station / Recycling Center
The Transfer Station is for WINCHESTER RESIDENTS ONLY
- There are no alerts at this time.
Beyond the Bin
The Beyond the Bin search tool is next level recycle searching. Use it to find out how and where to donate or recycle items that can't go in your home recycling bin and are too good to trash.
- Low Income Eligibility Requirements Opens in New Window
- Replacement Transfer Station Application (PDF) Opens in New Window
- Transfer Station Permit Application (PDF) Opens in New Window
- Transfer Station Exception (PDF) Opens in New Window
Transfer Station / Recycling Center Resources
- Beyond the Bin Recycling Directory
- Composting Guide Sheet (PDF)OpensinNewWind
- Winchester Composter Program Opens in New Window -- currently out of stock. More coming soon!
- Turn Your Trash into Electricity
- Leaves and Brush Area Rules Opens in New Window
- Winchester Private Haulers (PDF) Opens in New Window
- Recycle Smart
A video about the Town's Transfer Station. Thank you to Joyce Westner and Peter Engeldrum for this video!
|2nd regular permit||$20|
|First Permit for Commercial Trash Haulers||$300|
|Each Additional Permit||$225|
|All Other Commercial Vehicles||$225|
*Permits for new residents only will be prorated to $67.00 after October 1st. New residents can not be listed on town Census prior to July 1st to qualify for prorated rate.
Items That Require An Additional Fee
- Minimum scale charge: $15
- Commercial solid waste: $170 per ton
- Commercial brush / trees / limbs: $185 per ton
- Commercial mixed: $195 per ton
- Commercial compost: $50 per ton
- Commercial bulky metal: $65 per ton
- Building and demolition debris: $230 per ton
- Defined as materials from construction, renovation, demolition, or wood of any kind
- Demolition debris may not exceed 42 inches in length
- All wood and plastic fencing and landscape materials
- Large quantities of clean gypsum wallboard are banned per the State of Massachusetts, and must be recycled at a C&D facility
- Freon units: $15 (air conditioner, dehumidifier, freezer, refrigerator, water, or wine cooler)
- Appliances: $10 (clothes dryer, clothes washer, dishwasher, heating unit oil or gas, hot water heater, stove, oven, range, trash compactor)
- Tires: $10 (18 inches or less)
- Propane tanks: $10 (20 lbs only)
- Television: $10 (laptops, TVs, monitors 5 inches to 16 inches)
- Television: $15 (TVs, monitors 17 inches - 36 inches)
- Television: $25 (TVs, monitors over 36 inches)
Notice: all refuse must be acceptable waste as determined by the director of public works. If you're not sure, check the list of unacceptable items.