Welcome to Winchester
The Office of the Town Clerk provides many services to the community of Winchester. As the primary provider of information, the Town Clerk’s Office serves as the Chief Election Official, Official Recording Officer, Public Records Officer, Licensing Official, Clerk of Town Meeting, Town Hall Records Administrator, Registrar of Vital Statistics, Registrar of Voters and Conflict of Interest Liaison Officer. It is the mission of the Town Clerk’s Office to provide excellent customer service to the general public along with fostering educational opportunities to those citizens who may be interested in the structure of our town government. Please contact the Town Clerk if you have any questions. We are always happy to assist you.
For new residents to the town, the Town Clerk’s office must have you register all members of your household, including children under the age of 18 years old on the Town Census. This is a Massachusetts General Law and doing so allows you to register to VOTE, license your DOG(s), should you have a pet and to apply for a Transfer Station permit.
Access the forms below, fill out and send in with the appropriate fee(s) indicated on each application.
- Census Form (PDF)
- Transfer Station Permit Opens in New Window
- Click Here to License your Dog Opens in New Window Welcome to Winchester Welcome to Winchester Welcome to Winchester Welcome to Winchester Welcome to Winchester
Open Meeting Law
Read through the Open Meeting Law Guide
Public Records Law
You can request documents from the Town by clicking here.
The Town of Winchester has three Record Access Officers. If you are seeking public schools records please contact Dr. Frank Hackett, Interim School Superintendent firstname.lastname@example.org. Public Records concerning Public Safety please contact the Winchester Police Department at www.winchesterpd.org. For Town of Winchester records contact MaryEllen Lannon, Winchester Town Clerk at email@example.com
- A Guide to Massachusetts Public Records Law (PDF) PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF
- Making a Request for Public Records
- Appeal a Denial of Access to Public Records
- Electronic Records Management Guidelines (PDF) PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF
- Public Records Appeal Status
- Public Records Access, 950 CMR 32 (PDF) PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF
Office of Campaign Finance
Elected Boards and Appointed Committees information
Commonwealth of Massachusetts Departments
- Attorney General
- Office of Campaign and Political Finance
- Secretary of the Commonwealth - Elections Division
- State Ethics and Conflict of Interest
Town of Winchester Publications
- Town Code of Bylaws, Home Rule Charter and Zoning Bylaws - searchable databaseOpensinNewWindow
** For up to date information please call the Town Clerk at 781-721-7130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org