About the Board
The Planning Board consists of 5 members elected for 3-year terms.
The Winchester Planning Board is established under the provisions of Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 41, Section 81A. The Planning Board is responsible for administering the Subdivision Control Law, drafting zoning bylaw revisions, undertaking planning studies within the town, and revising and updating the town's comprehensive master plan. The Planning Board also makes recommendations to the Winchester Zoning Board of Appeals on petitions before the Zoning Board of Appeals for consideration of zoning relief.
The Board reports annually to the town, giving information regarding the condition of the town and any plans or proposals known to it.
The Planning Board has the powers and duties given to planning boards under the constitution and general laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and such additional powers and duties as may be authorized by the town charter, by bylaw, or by other town meeting vote.
Planning Board documents
- Subdivision Hearing Procedures (PDF)
- Procedure for Public Hearing - Special Permit Site Plan Review
- Procedures for Public Hearings for Town Meeting Articles
- Storm Water Rules and Regulations (PDF)
- Town of Winchester Rules and Regulations Governing the Subdivision of Land (PDF)
- Zoning Map
- Rules and Regulations Governing Section 7.3