Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Mystic to Woburn Transmission Line Project
Important Construction Update Regarding Construction Activity at Wedgemere Station
September 17, 2021
Eversource construction crews will return to your neighborhood to resume construction activity for the Mystic to Woburn Line Project. This notice serves as a follow-up to our start of construction notice dated July 8. As we perform this necessary work, we are continuing to follow COVID-19 health and safety guidelines.
We’re Always Working to Serve You Better
Starting on September 20, crews from Middlesex Construction and Angelica Boring will be utilizing a horizontal boring method called “jack and bore” to install the underground transmission line beneath the Wedgemere Station railroad tracks.
When working under or near railroad tracks, the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) requires work to be performed non-stop until completion. As a result, the jack and bore process underneath the tracks, will require a continuous operation (24-hours a day). This will be performed by Angelica Boring and we estimate this will last about five days. Our continuous dewatering system will remain in place for a few weeks as the electrical conduit is installed under the tracks and while transitioning out of the excavated pits on each side of the Wedgemere Station.
While Angelica Boring begins the continuous, five-day operation beneath the railroad tracks, crews from Middlesex Construction will excavate trench across the Wedgemere Station parking lot during regular work hours (Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.).
What You Can Expect
• Reliable Service: Be assured that this work will not interrupt electric service to your property.
• Proper Identification: All people working on this project carry identification.
• Project Website: We also maintain a project website at https://www.eversource.com/content/Mystic-Woburn-Project.
• Where We Will Be Working: Construction activity will take place on the south side of Bacon Street in the Wedgemere parking lot and within a parcel of land between the railroad tracks and the Aberjona River. Access will be via Mystic Valley Parkway and Bacon Street.
• Traffic Management: We coordinate closely with the Winchester Police Department and town officials to maintain a safe and effective flow of traffic around project work areas. Parking will be restricted within some areas of the Wedgemere parking lot. Signage will be clearly posted in advance.
− Crews will excavate through the Wedgemere parking lot in two sections (map below for reference). While excavating section 1, vehicles will access Wedgemere Station through the northern entrance. While excavating section 2, across the northern entrance, vehicles will access Wedgemere Station through the southern entrance.
− General Work Hours: Work will occur in this area Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
− Extended Work Hours: As noted above, the jack and bore work near and under the railroad will be conducted 24-hours-per day until completion, starting September 20 and lasting five days.
• Construction Activities Project construction will include the following activities:
1. Underway: Continued preparation and excavation on each side of the railroad tracks.
2. In the Coming Weeks:
− Mobilizing boring equipment.
− Drilling approaching and under the railroad tracks. (5 days)
− Installing underground pipe.
− Removing soil and material disturbed during operations.
− Excavate trench across Wedgemere Station parking lot. (4 weeks)
− Temporarily using steel road plates to safely secure the area at the end of each day.
− Areas will be temporarily restored once the jack and bore work is complete.
• Project Completion: We expect to complete the underground vault and pipe installations in your area by the end of 2021, with cable (underground transmission line) installation and final restoration completed in 2022.
Eversource is committed to being a good neighbor and doing our work with respect for you and your property. If you have questions about this project, please call 1-800-793-2202 or email us at ProjectInfo@eversource.com.